Just another laowai!!!

2010/01/10

Still alive and kicking!

It's been a very long time since I've posted here. For those of you who know me well, this should be no surprise. My attention span can handle only so much, and I lose interest in things as quickly as they become interesting. Not that I don't like writing or keeping in touch (far from it!), but my moods swing as wildly at times as do the branches of a tree in a hurricane.

So, I've recently began anew with some intensive writing. Projects over the past couple years have come and gone. I've had a lot of great ideas, invested a lot of time into them, and watched them fizzle to nothing either out of loss of interest, inspiration, or just not knowing the direction I'd like them to go. However, believe it or not, I've finally found my niche. I truly believe I've found something substantial enough, with great market potential, to see in print someday. Now for the hard part – tackling the bulk of the writing. But seriously, there's potential here. I've woken from a months-long dry spell and am inspired like I've never been.

Aside from this most recent, I got married. This is a major change, but it's been a nice change all in all.

Work is still slow. Actually, it's depressingly so. Making ends meet has been a struggle for several months, and it shows no sign of an end to this nightmare. So despite what you hear on the news or from those blindly optimistic souls out there barking "the economy is getting better," don't be a fool! Besides the stock market's rebound and the fact that people aren't being laid off as frequently, nothing has changed much in the past year. The economic situation, globally, is in a very dangerous state. It's nothing to worry much about if you're smart enough to recognize it and live accordingly, but don't be swayed by those naysayers who want everyone to think it's improving. I have students, friends and associates in virtually every sector who can confirm it.

Back to my update. Sorry for the rant...

I bought an Apple computer recently. It's awesome! I'm still learning how to make it do everything I need it to, and have months – literally – of work ahead transferring everything over from my old Windows machine, but I'm happy to have risen above the clouds that separate Hades (everything Microsoft) and the heavens (anything not Windows-based). :D

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home