Just another laowai!!!

2008/10/08

Solitude Solitaire

As much as I enjoy my life here, it's oftentimes very lonely. I have no desire to be in the States -- and that's reinforced by the current financial disasters that radiate from the US economy -- but I miss home. I miss Mom, and my dear friends.

Sometimes even picking up the phone is difficult. Living on the other side of the world has not only made me even more of a loner, but it's also hard at times to put into words the emptiness that I feel. I'm in an entirely different world, one that is difficult to paint with the limitations of the English language. Living alone on the other side of the world is both an exciting and extremely lonely existence. It's a difficult balance.

I've made a couple good friends, people who I have great respect and admiration for, but even those sorts of friends are hard to come by. And as life makes us busier and busier, finding time to hang out with said people can be a challenge. So I have my guitar, good music, books, my writing, dear Maiya, my memories, to keep me company. That's often enough to make it through the day with a smile, but equally as often the lack of intimacy, of seeing a friendly face, is incomparable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home