Just another laowai!!!

2008/11/09

The wheels on the bus go round n' round

I've been meaning to update this for several days, but have found many excuses not to.

The past couple weeks have been both good and bad, but in no way really bad. The economic crisis has taken a serious toll on so many here. Even my work has been affected by it, resulting in some serious penny-pinching. And with all the extra free time I've been afforded, I had a little relapse of carpal tunnel.

On the brighter side, I've been doing a lot of reading and writing. A friend suggested a really cool blog that takes letter submissions. I wrote a couple for it. And now I've decided that I like the idea so much, I've started one of my own, for my own and anyone else's amusement. Check it out: http://onymousletters.blospot.com .

As you all know, the elections are over. I really didn't have much faith that Obama was going to take the cake, so it was a truly joyous day when he won. I don't know why I was so happy, other than the fact that I have nothing but disregard for Emperor Bush and his cronies. I watched his acceptance speech three times, and it moved me more than I ever could have expected. I guess you could say it restored much of the faith I lost in the U.S. and where it's been heading. "Yes, we can!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home