Just another laowai!!!

2008/10/16

Dengue Fever, and Jazz Festivities

Out on my back balcony I have a mosquito problem. Every time I go out to do laundry, I'm swatting those little bastards left and right. Not only are they mosquitoes, but those pesky little "zebra-striped" buggers -- thin, super-fast, "smarter" than the average clumsy ones I usually catch in my hands. I've heard time and time again people here say that they can make one sick. Unbeknownst to me, I've not yet become sick from their bites. But, damn, do they itch like hell!

Just the other day a friend told me they are the carriers of Dengue fever. I'd never checked it out myself, but sure enough, those are dangerous little things. And they live out near my balcony, trying to feed on me every time I go out there. I'll be sure to wear more, and better arm myself from now on.

This weekend kicks off the Taichung Jazz Festival, armed with a wide assortment of jazz greats, young and old, from around the world. This is going to be a fantastic event I'll be certain to attend -- with or without dengue fever. ;)

Check it out:
http://www.jazzfestival.com.tw/2008jazz/index.asp?language=en

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home