Just another laowai!!!

2008/09/30

A Fresh Start

Well, it's been more than a year since I touched this blog. Having read through the past few years' posts, I deleted them all and have devoted to starting things anew.

These past three years in Taiwan have been filled with all sorts of adventures -- both good and bad, and a few, treacherous. From the heartbreak of my life, to traveling the island extensively, to illness, Mom's double dose of cancer, and the current economic woes that have plagued the globe, it's been a journey that I want and need to put behind me.

This past year or so has been a struggle. Mom's illness took a toll on me. Being so far away made it even more difficult to deal with. My own health took a major trip south this past year as well. It's been nothing too serious, but it's made me realize that I need to take better care of myself, and that even though I'm young, with aging comes many unexpected surprises, and they're usually not sweet. And the depressed economy has reared its ugly head in many ways, including making getting by a humbling, exhausting experience.

I've decided to make this blog more of a look inside the oddities and fascinations with living in Taiwan, from cultural quirks to the things I see and do in my daily life here as an ex-pat. I hope you all enjoy the ride as much as I expect to get from keeping it updated with my stories, insights and rants into my life here on the little island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home